It’s shaping up to be a fantastic year for events and festivals in Amherstburg and the Town is seeking volunteers to help make them a success.
“Volunteers are a critical part of the success of our events,” says the Town on the volunteer application form. “Amherstburg continues to shine as a festival leader, in part because of the generous commitment from our dedicated and hardworking volunteers.”
Another year of fun kicks off on Friday, May 20, with the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and the first night of Open Air Weekends, which has a reduced but intensified footprint this year and runs through to Oct. 2.
Also running all summer long is Music in the Park on Saturdays and Sundays and Yoga in the Park Sundays at 10 a.m. The Amherstburg Farmers’ Market at G.L. Heritage Brewery opens again from May through October on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Here's a rundown of the events planned in Amherstburg for 2022:
- Ribs & Ragtime – June 11
- Garden Tour – June 11
- Woofa-Roo Pet Festival – June 25, 26
- Canada Day – July 1
- Canada D’Eh Run – July 1
- Car Gone Crazy Show – July 24
- Art By The River – Aug. 27, 28
- Amherstburg Uncommon – Sept. 16, 17, 18
- Festival of Hawks – Sept. 17
- Day of Truth and Reconciliation – Sept. 30
- River Lights Opening – Nov. 19
- River Lights Winter Festival – Nov. 19 – Dec. 31
- Santa Claus Parade – Nov. 26
- Christmas at the Museum – Dec. 7
It feels like forever since we’ve had a full year of festivals like this because of all the pandemic restrictions, so let’s all mark our calendars and get ready for an amazing year in Amherstburg!
And if you have the time and energy to volunteer for our festivals and events, please fill out a form!