I was happy to support a rain barrel program that will save homeowners money while benefitting the environment. Here's how I voted on January 10, 2022:
6.1 2022 Operating Budget
That: 1. The 2022 Operating Budget BE TABLED for consideration and adoption after budget deliberations are complete.
REPORTS - CORPORATE SERVICES
7.1 2022 User Fee By-Law
That: 1. The changes in fees and charges for the 2022 User Fees By-law, save and except those related to water and waste water fees and charges as set out in Schedule “G”, BE APPROVED as outlined in the report; and, By-law 2022-001 being a by-law to Establish User Fees or Charges for Services, Activities or the Use of Property be taken as having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same;
2. That consideration of the water and waste water fees and charges as set out in Schedule “G” BE DEFERED to the 2022 Operating Budget deliberations
REPORTS - ENGINEERING AND PUBLIC WORKS
9.1 Rain Barrel Program
That: 1. A rain barrel pilot program BE APPROVED; and,
2. That $6500 BE ADDED to the 2022 draft budget for the purchase of 100 rain barrels for resale under the Public Works budget centre, miscellaneous expense to be funded from taxation, offset by the proceeds from resale.
REPORTS - CAO's OFFICE
11.1 Briefing Note on Staffing and 2022 Organizational Chart
That: 1. The recommendations which have been implemented to date, and the recommendations which pertain to the compensation and staffing complement, as contained in the Service Delivery Review of October 2020 BE ACCEPTED;
2. A Compensation Plan Review currently underway for 2022 BE ACKNOWLEDGED;
3. The revised Organization Chart for the Town of Amherstburg BE APPROVED;
4. The above noted recommendations being advanced within the current budget allocations BE ACKNOWLEDGED; and,
5. The CAO BE DIRECTED to report back to Council in Q2 2022 on the progress of these recommendations and related recruitment.
11.2 From Vision to Results – 2021 Municipal Accomplishments
That: 1. The From Vision to Results report on the 2021 Accomplishments of the Town of Amherstburg BE RECEIVED by Council for information.
That the following consent correspondence BE RECEIVED; and That with respect to item 13.1, being an Ad Request "Mental Health Matters 2022" - Windsor Star that Council APPROVE the placement of a 1/8 page advertisement at a cost of $499, plus taxes:
13.1 Ad Request "Mental Health Matters 2022" - Windsor Star
13.2 Annual Report on Drinking Water 2021 - Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks
13.3 Catch and Release Justice - City of Sarnia
13.4 Conversion Therapy - City of Kitchener
13.5 COVID to Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU) - Town of Kingsville
13.6 Multi Year Accessibility Plan - Linda Saxon
13.7 Province-Wide Assessment Update - Township of Tay
13.8 AMO Policy Update
13.9 2021 Municipal Partnerships Report and Communication - Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
CONSENT OTHER MINUTES
That the following minutes BE RECEIVED: 14.1 Amherstburg Accessibility Advisory Committee Minutes of December 16, 2021 14.
2 Drainage Board Meeting Minutes of January 4, 2022 14.
3 ICP Advisory Steering Committee Meeting Minutes of November 24, 2021, as amended.
15.1 Economic Development Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes of December 2, 2021
That: 1. The Economic Development Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes of December 2, 2021 BE RECEIVED; and,
2. Council SUPPORT and ADVOCATE to the Province of Ontario the need to locate an urgent care facility in the Town of Amherstburg that is open on a 24 hour basis
19.1 By-law 2022-003 - Confirmatory By-law
That: 1. By-law 2022-003 being a by-law to Confirm all Resolutions of the Municipal Council Meeting held on January 10, 2022, be taken as 9 having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.