I was happy to vote in favour of declaring Aug. 1 Emancipation Day in the Town of Amherstburg and September as Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Here's how I voted on June 28:
SPECIAL IN CAMERA COUNCIL MEETING
Resolution # 20210628-210
That Council move into an In-Camera Meeting of Council at 3: 34 p.m. pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended for the following reasons:
Item A - Section 239(2)(d) - Labour relations or employee negotiations; and, Section 239(2)(f) - Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose.
Item B - Section 239(2)(f) - Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose.
Item C - Section 239(2)(i) - A trade secret or scientific, technical, commercial, financial or labour relations information, supplied in confidence to the municipality or local board, which, if disclosed, could reasonably be expected to prejudice significantly the competitive position, or interfere significantly with the contractual or other negotiations of a person, group of persons, or organization.
Item D - Section 239(2)(c) - A proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of the land by the municipality or local board.
10.1 and 10.2
That the Rules of Order BE WAIVED to allow Delanie Champagne to address Council regarding a request to cancel Canada Day celebrations in the Town of Amherstburg in light of the recent discovery of deceased Indigenous children in Canadian residential schools.
That the Rules of Order BE WAIVED to allow Katherine Meloche to address Council regarding her thanks to Administration and all volunteers for the June 27th Miracle Food Drive.
REPORTS - CORPORATE SERVICES
11.1 Policy Amendments – Salary Administration Policy and Annual Vacation – Non-Union Policy
That: 1. The following policies BE AMENDED as recommended in the report from the Director of Corporate Services and Manager of Human Resources dated June 1, 2021: a. Salary Administration Policy, and b. Annual Vacation – Non-Union Policy; and,
2. The employee recognition pay in the Salary Administration Policy BE REMOVED.
REPORTS - COMMUNITY AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES
13.1 Conceptual Stormwater Management Plan for Canard Valley Estates Phase 2 Development
That: 1. The proposed conceptual plan to locate a Stormwater Management Pond on lands identified as Part 80 on Plan 12M527 (2.45 acres) (currently Canard Estates Park) BE SUPPORTED as part of the developer’s draft plan of subdivision application for Canard Valley Estates Subdivision Phase 2 servicing, subject to recommendation two; and,
2. The conveyance of Part 80 on Plan 12M527 (2.45 acres) to Valente Group in exchange for cash in lieu of parkland dedication at the current market value appraisal BE APPROVED and the funds be deposited into the Parkland Dedication Reserve Fund.
REPORTS - PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
14.1 Zoning By-law Amendment for S/S Alma Street
That By-law 2021-035 being a by-law to amend Zoning By-law No. 1999-52, to amend the zoning for the subject lands known as S/S Alma Street, be taken as having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.
14.2 Zoning By-law Amendment- Kingsbridge Subdivision Phase 5 and 10
That By-law 2021-034 being a by-law to amend Zoning By-law No. 1999-52, to amend the zoning for the subject lands known as Kingsbridge Subdivision Phases 5 and 10, be taken as having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.
Resolution # 20210628-218
That the following consent correspondence BE RECEIVED:
- 18.1 2nd Quarter Statistics - Windsor Police Service, Amherstburg Detachment
- 18.2 Motion M-84, Anti-Hate Crimes and Incidents & Private Members Bill C-313, Banning Symbols of Hate Act - Peter Julian, MP, Westminster-Burnaby
- 18.3 Lyme Disease Awareness Month - City of St. Catharines Resolution
- 18.4 Licensing of Cannabis Operations, Previously Operating Illegally - Town of Fort Erie Resolution
19.1 Emancipation Day, August 1, 2021 - Amherstburg Freedom Museum
That:1. The Proclamation received by the Amherstburg Freedom Museum regarding Emancipation Day - August 1, 2021, BE RECEIVED; and,
2. August 1, 2021, BE PROCLAIMED as Emancipation Day in the Town of Amherstburg.
19.2 Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, September 2021 - Fight Like Mason Foundation
That: 1. The Proclamation received by the Fight Like Mason Foundation regarding Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, September 2021, BE RECEIVED;
2. September 2021, BE PROCLAIMED as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in the Town of Amherstburg; and,
3. The request to raise a flag in recognition of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month BE APPROVED.
CONSENT - OTHER MINUTES
Resolution # 20210628-221
That the following minutes BE RECEIVED:
1 Inclusive Community Program Advisory Steering Committee Minutes - May 27, 2021 20.
2 Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee Minutes - June 8, 2021
21.1 Heritage Committee Minutes - May 13, 2021
That: 1. The minutes of the Heritage Committee meeting of May 13, 2021 BE RECEIVED;
2. Administration BE DIRECTED to investigate 24 Sandwich Street South for a possible heritage designation; and,
3. The request from the Heritage Committee to increase their base budget from $3,000 to $4,500 BE CONSIDERED during the 2022 budget deliberations.
21.2 Amherstburg Accessibility Advisory Committee Minutes - May 20, 2021
That: 1. The Amherstburg Accessibility Advisory Committee Minutes of May 20, 2021 BE RECEIVED; and,
2. The request from the Amherstburg Accessibility Advisory Committee to increase their base budget from $1500 to $2000 BE CONSIDERED during the 2022 budget deliberations.
21.3 Drainage Board Meeting Minutes - June 21, 2021
That: 1. The Drainage Board Meeting Minutes of June 21, 2021, BE RECEIVED; and,
2. By-law 2021-041 being a by-law to Provide for the Abandonment of Part of the 2nd Concession Drain based on the Drainage Report by RC Spencer Associates Inc. BE PROVISIONALLY ADOPTED by giving first and second reading and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.
25.1 By-law 2021-044 - Confirmatory By-law
That By-law 2021-044 being a by-law to Confirm all Resolutions of the Municipal Council Meetings held on June 28, 2021, be taken as having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.
ion BE DIRECTED to proceed with public consultation for the rezoning of H. Murray Smith/Centennial Park in accordance with the highest and best use for the subject lands in accordance with the Town's Official Plan for Housing First Policy.