I was happy to support a proposal to plant more trees in Amherstburg and to amend the Town's tree canopy policy so that the replacement of trees is handled on a two to one basis. Here's how I voted on November 8, 2021.
6.1 Climate Change White Paper - THRIVE Group - Richard Peddie, Dr. Lisa Porter, Dr. Cameron Proctor, Jasminka Kalajdzic
That: 1. The Administration UTILIZE the existing $6000.00 contained in the 2021 parks Tree Budget and COLLABORATE WITH the THRIVE Group and the Amherstburg Environmental Advisory Committee to plant trees as proposed by the THRIVE Group in the Climate Change White Paper.
2. The Town's Tree Canopy Policy BE AMENDED to include the replacement of trees on a 2 to 1 basis;
3. Item 15.1, being the Amherstburg Environmental Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes of October 13, 2021, BE RECEIVED;
4. The Delegation BE RECEIVED.
REPORTS - CORPORATE SERVICES
7.1 2022 Budget- Updated Timelines and Process
That: The proposed revised timelines for adopting the 2022 Budget BEAPPROVED in accordance with the report of October 24, 2021 with the amendment that an Open Mic Public Meeting regarding the 2022 Budget will BE HELD on January 15, 2022, with logistics and location to be determined and that printed copies of the 2022 BE PROVIDED to the Seasons, Richmond Terrace and Blue Haven Retirement residences.
REPORTS - PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
10.1 Deferred Development Charges-Block 21 Westcott Rd and Block 23 Livingstone Cres
That: 1. The Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to enter into Development Charges Agreements for Block 21 Westcott Crescent and Block 23 Livingstone Crescent, Amherstburg, as per the Development Charges Act, Section 26.1 (2)(1 ); and,
2. That Council RETAIN the authority for the approval and the execution of Development Charge Agreements.
REPORTS - CAO's OFFICE
11.1 Various Committee Vacancies
That: 1. The composition of the Mayor's Youth Advisory Committee BE REDUCED as noted in the report of October 27, 2021;
2. Shirley Curson-Prue BE APPOINTED to the Inclusive Community Program Advisory Steering Committee in accordance with the ICP Advisory Steering Committee Terms of Reference;
3. Administration BE DIRECTED to advertise for the vacancy to the Amherstburg Accessibility Advisory Committee as per the Boards and Committee's Appointment Policy;
4. Section 3.4.2 of the Boards & Committees Appointments Policy BE WAIVED.
11.2 Centennial Park Highest and Best Use Analysis
That: This matter BE DEALT WITH in camera at the end of the Regular Council meeting with a public report out at the conclusion of the in camera discussion. Thereport was received following the in-camera meeting.
12.1 2021 Long Service Award Recognition
Voted to receive.
12.2 Building Activity Report for Month of January - September 2021
That: 1. Council Resolution# 20160411-145 BE RESCINDED;
2. Administration BE DIRECTED to provide future Building Activity Reports, Fire Activity Reports and Police Activity Reports on a quarterly basis; and,
3. The report from the Chief Building Official dated October 25, 2021 regarding the Building Activity Report for the months of January to September 2021 BE RECEIVED for information.
Resolution # 20211108-355
That the following consent correspondence BE RECEIVED:
13.1 Accelerated High Speed Internet Program (AHSIP) - County of Essex 13.2 COVID-19 and Long Term Care Homes - Town of Tecumseh
13.3 OMERS Performance - CUPE Ontario
CONSENT OTHER MINUTES
Resolution # 20211108-356
That the following minutes BE RECEIVED:
14.1 Inclusive Community Program Advisory Steering Committee Meeting Minutes of October 27, 2021.
Resolution # 20211108-359
That the following By-laws BE ADOPTED as presented:
19.1 By-law 2021-067 - By-law to Repeal 2017-101
That By-law 2021-067 being a by-law to repeal By-law 2017-01 be taken as having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.
19.2 By-law 2021-068 - Confirmatory By-law
That By-law 2021-068 being a by-law to confirm all resolutions of the Municipal Council Meeting held November 8, 2021 be taken as having been read three times and finally passed and the Mayor and Clerk BE AUTHORIZED to sign same.